Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Wiz Kids



So yesterday, I hopped on the metro and headed down to D.C to watch the amazing Wizards a.k.a the Wiz Kids do what they does, and thats win. We beat on the Western Conference contenders, the Dallas Mavericks just like I predicted we would. Although I must admit other than Josh Howard, they really did not look that good. Dirk was off his game, rattled, could not hit a shot! You could tell he was noticeably upset with himself after the game, walking off the court with his head down and his tail between his legs..He did not even acknowledge his own people, a group of germans with signs in german and a huge German flag.. Even the guy next to me admitted "that was a little cold" of Nowitzki to do. 
But as for the true ballers, the Wiz Kids or as some of us like to call them the Bullets, they played amazing. Caron Butler continued to show that he is one of the NBA's most versatile and best 3-men and a legit all-star. His energy and all-style of play really energized our team and our fans. DeShaun played amazing as well and he had really started to find his shot, even from like 40 ft. out. He truly cannot feel his face, it must be thanks to that "White Girl" which some of us call Lindsay Lohan... Nicky Hatten aka Nick Young also put on a show and reminded us all why he feels he should be in the Dunk Contest at all-star weekend, but like I stated in earlier blogs he was F'd my the NBA..HARD... Antawan Jamison contributed like he always does with his close to double-double numbers after a slow first half with only 4 points, and even managed to hit a fair amount of 3's (which is quite rare) and even Antonio Daniels played well and lead the offense like he is supposed to seeing as he is the "offensive genius" of the wizards and no one else knows the plays.
 Finally, I would like to give a shout out to Eddie Jordan, I must admit at one point I did hate on him, but now I see why he is such a well respected coach throughout this league. He manages 12 very charismatic personalities and even manages to make them play with each other, and quite well might I add. 

P.S. I would like to add that I missed Nick Young's ridiculous dunk yesterday, and was forced to watch it on the T.V's at the Hot Dog stand because my boy NEEDED to get his chili-cheese dog which he waited over 20 minutes for and somehow inhaled it in less than 2... but other than that small dagger the day was basically amazing, oh yeah that is until we got to the metro and realized the red line was single tracking between Dude-poke circle and farragut north...F metro 

No comments: