Wednesday, February 13, 2008

J Kidd Trade

This trade really boggles my mind... I just don't understand it. I mean I understand "chasing the ring" and I know Dallas really wants a championship but they traded like their whole team, future 1st rounders, and cash. Devin Harris, Jerry Stackhouse, DeSagana Diop, Devean George, Maurice Ager, 2 first round draft pics, and 3 million in cash...all for Jason Kidd and Malik Allen???
Maybe I'm retarded but I don't understand it. I understand J Kidd was unhappy in New Jersey (who wouldn't be...its the "armpit" of the United States) but why would the Mavs trade their future PG who they are going to have for 10 more years for a PG they may only have for 2 more seasons... I hope they win a championship soon, cuz J Kidd is getting old.

I understand that J Kidd is arguably the 3rd best PG in the NBA but I think this trade was a little too much for the man. And didn't Mark Cuban come out and say earlier this week that the trade wasn't going down?? He said the finances just wouldn't work out!!! I guess he made it happen by trading HALF HIS BENCH and some starters... but I guess it's not that bad 'cuz they will get stackhouse back 'cuz the Nets are not going to sign him because they are so far over the salary cap, so he may be back in a mavs jersey sooner than you think....


No comments: