Friday, February 22, 2008

Some NFL Combine shit I've been hearing

-Since the Falcons won the coin toss for the 3rd pick in the draft, it's looking more and more likely that they will be taking Boston College QB Matt Ryan (I can hear Devin screaming about this as I type it out....) I hope Ryan ate his Flutie Flakes, he's going to need it down in the Dirty South
-Darren McFaddens stock is dropping, plummeting if you will. So bad in fact that many people at the combine believe that he won't be a top 10 pick. I can't believe this, I think he would have to show up at the combine with 1 leg or no legs in order for this to happen. I love McFadden and I think that any team that needs a RB could use him. But I guess the success of all these 2nd round RB's as of late has really made people think twice about wasting high picks on RB's...Sorry Darren

-LSU DT Glenn Dorsey is not going to be at the combine, due to a death in the family. So the LSU pro day is going to be very, very important. And the Raiders are praying that he will still be around when the 4th pick in the draft comes up. 

-No rookie should sign with Drew Rosenhaus, I guess front office people are saying that is reason in itself not to get drafted by certain teams, they refuse to deal with Rosenhaus....

-The falcons look like they are real close to making a deal with the Giants for their 1st round pick, and in return they will give them CB DeAngelo Hall, so that D just got a little better...watch out NFC East

-Colt Brennan is helping his stock by bulking up.... he weighed in 26 lbs heavier than he did at the Senior Bowl. I guess he's been eating everything in sight and hitting the weights..Or he got that Barry Bonds thing going... I mean he is from Cali.... BALCO??? Maybe he accidently sat on a needle, that just so happened to have HGH or some steroids in it... what a clumsy move...

-Another QB Joe Flacco is creating quite the buzzzzz at the combine, and people are falling in love with him. The QB played ball at delaware, oh those fighting blue hens, they produce some great QB's in Delaware.... NOT. But all jokes aside looks like this kid is the talk of the combine, so good for him, thats a good story, a kid from Delaware stealing the spot light from all those QB's from big name D1 schools... lets see if they like him enough to draft him above those other guys..

No comments: